The Cayman Islands Compliance Association (“CICA”) has been in existence since October 2000 as a not for profit organization. The formal objectives of CICA are to:
- Provide members with the information to assist with the implementation and maintenance of effective compliance and anti-money laundering programmes in their respective financial services organisation.
- Provide an open forum for sharing information and training.
- Identify common practices in the financial services industry and seek to raise the level of compliance in the financial services industry.
- Provide a forum for discussion of new legislation or required best practice relevant to the Cayman Islands financial services industry.
- Offer information on compliance and anti-money laundering issues.
- Provide an interface between senior management of member financial services organisations and regulators and law enforcement agencies.